Re: [existlist] Existence and Essence

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
      JIm,

      Thank you for reminding me (us) of Heidegger's influence on Sartre
      (possibly) in that regard. As you may know, when Sartre and Co. were
      imprisoned by the Nazis, they were permitted only German texts, which
      suited many of them as just fine (or so the story has been told). Thus
      the post-War French theorists were utterly trained in thinkers like
      Heidegger.

      But, I may not have been understood. You are actually singing my song
      here. My point was that the dyad can only have been understood in
      precisely that way. The Heidegger quotes only underscore that point.

      Wil