Wil, You Have Altered Quoted Text

  • Joseph Polanik
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 2008
      eupraxis@... wrote:
      > Joe,
      >
      > Thanks for this post.

      you have altered the text of the passage you quote:

      > "you have overlooked a key element of Descartes' project: grounding
      > *claims* as to the meta-phenomenal origins of the phenomenological
      > experience in the *process of coming to know* that such a claim is
      > true."

      compare this to what I actually wrote:

      "the meta-phenomenal origins of the phenomenological experiencer".

      you dropped the 'r' at the end 'experiencer' and that changes the
      meaning of the quoted material.

      > response: Yes, what Kantians have called the principle of sufficient reason.
      > I don't think that such can be derived from syllogisms, of course. [end]

      how is this related to what I *actually* wrote?

      Joe

      --
      Philosophy is, after all, done ultimately in the first person for the
      first person. --- H-N Castaneda

      http://what-am-i.net