Re: We could always speak English

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2008
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise" <hecubatoher@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I like being here. Consciousness is sufficient, thought a
      > > and a slowly constructed self one of the glories of civilisation.
      > >
      > > Louise
      > >Louise, I am happy to hear that , being here seems a good starting
      > point unless you happen to be bookdoc. I sometimes think sleep
      > superior to consciousness . The slow part of my construction has
      > accomplished and I would like to get on with the process. I
      > your approach to existentialism is through the humanities while I
      > often approach from a scientific viewpoint. Most of what I have
      > from existentialism has not been contradicted by science. Emphatic
      > statements such as "thwown into the world"can be accepted or
      > by mood or conversational content. The base science has changed
      > but it has been added to in remarkable quantity. I find myself
      > blasting off into areas of great suprise and am edified by the
      way it
      > all comes back to stick to the greater body of scientific knowledge
      > add to what I have known. Teihard de Chardin was a mystic futurist
      > he started me on a quest that was mostly conjecture until I
      > the seminal existentialists. They were old or dead when I read them
      > their thoughts were rational and did not contradict science. So I
      > dumped my first philosopher and toured away from metaphysics to
      > with hard science. I hold a willful adversion to regression and
      > with what force I can command in face of antique thinking.
      > You come at philosophy from a remarkable set of tangents and so I
      > try to speak English not my native gutteral colonial.
      > It is snowing,again, but our broken furnace is mended. The
      > awards were French leaning but should you be interested in a
      > american story I recommend Michael Clayton. That is a true picture
      > what is going on here. Georgr Clooney, as the protagonist , is
      > looking than the lawyer dogs we live with but he is no less viscous
      > self serving. It is a good snapshot of the crass and greedy world
      > live in here. And yes, it is in English. Bill
      Bill, Thanks for the recommendation. I have a great deal of catching
      up to do, with the rough worlds of reality. My English allusion was
      purely in connection with the worthy efforts at the list to tackle
      Dasein. I continue in my belief that the German nation has a
      particular genius for thinking, and have from a philosophical point
      of view far exceeded the British in paying honour to the foundations
      laid by those ancient Greeks. Yes, it is the humanities that nourish
      me, and these days I turn more and more to poetry rather than to
      discursive philosophical thought. Something else is required, than
      poetry, philosophy, or science, to deliver us from the darkness. I
      find that, by a kind of miracle, I am beginning to trust the process
      once more. Most recently, I have been reading Hopkins (Gerard
      Manley) and a biography of Yeats by Stephen Coote. Strange meldings
      occur in my neuronal regions; I shall post details if anything
      coherent shows up. Louise