Re: [existlist] An Evaluation of Heidegger's Case

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 16, 2008
      Joe, (sorry, I hit the send inadvertantly, earlier)

      With all due respect, your excerpts are too selective and partial. A reading
      of the whole subsection (364ff) should show that H was speaking in a
      provisional manner, something he does throughout the text and which is part and parcel
      of his phenomenological method.

      In any case, when you say "spouting Heideggerian philosophy", I suddenly get
      the impression that you are being a little snarky, as they say. I hadn't
      realized that this was some kind of negative appraisal of H in favor of the reified
      rationalist (Cartesian and perhaps 'analytical') subject. If this is so, your
      disagreements with H will have been a good deal more serious than my first
      impression.

      I can better tailor responses if such is made plain.

      Wil