Uncertainty

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      Jim believes in the absolute certainty of a great number of things
      yet he does not believe in god. I find that a huge contradiction.
      Bookdoc thinks the cosmos is so uncertain as to possibly negate its
      very existance. I have seem him mount a good defense of that
      possibility. I accept science but know it changes . Thyat is why when
      I hear of a analog solar system at 500light years away I begin to see
      the great number of situations are possible in this cosmos.I disagree
      with Eduard that this will not have any effect on this world. It has
      already changed the knowledge base of numerous cosmologists. As to
      the certainty of the discovery the method of discovery seems sound so
      the knowledge seems accurate within the probability of studies of
      that sort. I would not say I believe there is a pint sized solar
      system in Scorpio, I would say I know it with the above caveats in
      place. I understand that is not enough certainty for bookdoc and I
      doubt Eduard would posit change on that level of certainty. I will
      continue to think of the reality of such a place so far away. It
      helps me keep in perspectine time and distance at higher numbers
      than we interact with in our daily lives.We have an eighty % chance
      of hitting the spy sattelite, if it exists. The milatary will take
      the shot with a very expensive bullet. They want that thing burned.
      They will buy in with a 20% chance of failure. That is a lot of egg
      to wear and there must be a great deal on the line. Perhaps we just
      want to show off.Intimidating technology may not need be killing
      technology. Some Space command general probably won`t sleep for a few
      days. Great job guys,putting a hydrosine bomb into an uncontrolled
      reentry.What was the probability of this outcome, I doubt it was
      even considered. Bill