RE: [existlist] Take five

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2008
      eduard ---
      Lowell is in Massachusetts. I'm surprised it is to my usual visited
      manufacturer in Nashua New Hampshire as I could have gone to Lowell a number
      of times. It's about 30 miles south of Nashua going down #3 and then taking
      the #495 that rings Boston. Kerouac is buried in Edson Cemetery which is
      shown in a website I goggled having maps and all sorts of neat local
      information stuff.

      Kerouac did not appreciate the supposed link between himself and
      beatniks they were another generation. As to French intelligensia I can
      well see that in Kerouac. He is very French Canadian in that aspect such as
      our best loved Prime Minister ... Trudeau ... who went sort of bumming
      around the world in his youth having a rich family to give support. As to
      Sartre and Camus I should think that Kerouac read them as he seemed to read
      anything he could get his hands on.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2008
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@...> wrote:

        > eduard ---
        > Lowell is in Massachusetts. I'm surprised it is to my usual
        visited
        > manufacturer in Nashua New Hampshire as I could have gone to Lowell
        a number
        > of times. It's about 30 miles south of Nashua going down #3 and
        then taking
        > the #495 that rings Boston. Kerouac is buried in Edson Cemetery
        which is
        > shown in a website I goggled having maps and all sorts of neat local
        > information stuff.
        >
        > Kerouac did not appreciate the supposed link between himself
        and
        > beatniks they were another generation. As to French intelligensia
        I can
        > well see that in Kerouac. He is very French Canadian in that
        aspect such as
        > our best loved Prime Minister ... Trudeau ... who went sort of
        bumming
        > around the world in his youth having a rich family to give
        support. As to
        > Sartre and Camus I should think that Kerouac read them as he seemed
        to read
        > anything he could get his hands on.
        > Eduard, Thank you very much, I appreciate such a concise and
        timely reply. I now need review "Sniper" a film dear to my cold,
        cold heart.Thanks Bill
        On Behalf
        > Of bhvwd
        > Sent: January-24-08 5:40 PM
        > To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [existlist] Take five
        >
        > I would defer to Mary as to what went on between bikers and
        beatnics.
        > Eduard, I would guess you might know something about the French
        > intelligencia and beatnics like Kerowack. Where is Lowell? I wonder
        if
        > Kerowac had association with Sartre or Camus.
        > I actually feel more associated with the hippies especially
        through
        > music. I find rock to have multiple sources in existentialism. Jazz
        was
        > so instrumental, non vocal, that it had trouble transferring
        anything
        > but emotion. Are there words to "Take Five"? These , and other
        crucial
        > questions remain as unfilled life projects. No one cares and that
        is
        > probably what nihilism is all about. Bill

        nothing!

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • mary.jo11
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2008
          Gerard Nicosia wrote in Memory Babe, p. 574:

          [San Francisco] Chronicle columnist Herb Caen labeled the young
          rebels "beatniks"— because they were as "far-out" as Sputnik, the
          Russian satellite, though the Yiddish suffix "nik" is also a nasty
          diminutive.
          _________

          As to these allegations and associations Bill makes, I will only
          confess to once being a young slave to fashion :)

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2008
            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@...> wrote:

            > eduard ---
            > Lowell is in Massachusetts. I'm surprised it is to my usual
            visited
            > manufacturer in Nashua New Hampshire as I could have gone to Lowell
            a number
            > of times. It's about 30 miles south of Nashua going down #3 and
            then taking
            > the #495 that rings Boston. Kerouac is buried in Edson Cemetery
            which is
            > shown in a website I goggled having maps and all sorts of neat local
            > information stuff.
            >
            > Kerouac did not appreciate the supposed link between himself
            and
            > beatniks they were another generation. As to French intelligensia
            I can
            > well see that in Kerouac. He is very French Canadian in that
            aspect such as
            > our best loved Prime Minister ... Trudeau ... who went sort of
            bumming
            > around the world in his youth having a rich family to give
            support. As to
            > Sartre and Camus I should think that Kerouac read them as he seemed
            to read
            > anything he could get his hands on.
            > Eduard, Thank you very much, I appreciate such a concise and
            timely reply. I now need review "Sniper" a film dear to my cold,
            cold heart.Thanks Bill

          • eduard at home
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 24, 2008
              eduard ---
              This looks like a repeat message. I have been spending the last
              hour or so capturing images of Kerouac and friends using my Paint program.
              I now have a fine collection.

              > Lowell is in Massachusetts. I'm surprised it is to my usual
              visited
              > manufacturer in Nashua New Hampshire as I could have gone to Lowell
              a number
              > of times. It's about 30 miles south of Nashua going down #3 and
              then taking
              > the #495 that rings Boston. Kerouac is buried in Edson Cemetery
              which is
              > shown in a website I goggled having maps and all sorts of neat local
              > information stuff.
              >
              > Kerouac did not appreciate the supposed link between himself
              and
              > beatniks they were another generation. As to French intelligensia
              I can
              > well see that in Kerouac. He is very French Canadian in that
              aspect such as
              > our best loved Prime Minister ... Trudeau ... who went sort of
              bumming
              > around the world in his youth having a rich family to give
              support. As to
              > Sartre and Camus I should think that Kerouac read them as he seemed
              to read
              > anything he could get his hands on.
              > Eduard, Thank you very much, I appreciate such a concise and
              timely reply. I now need review "Sniper" a film dear to my cold,
              cold heart.Thanks Bill

              Yahoo! Groups Links