RE: [existlist] * Kerouac

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2008
      I think I was in a coma from 6 to 56 only now waking up. I remember the 50s
      but nothing really happened my being not only in the Ike era but also the
      isolated community of ThunderBay Ontario only learning later that there was
      a larger world out there when we moved to Montreal. I remember the trip to
      Montreal when we went through the southern route of the US under the Great
      Lakes. My father asked me if I sensed anything differ when we stopped at a
      gas station somewhere in Michigan and I responded "No, it seems the same as
      anywhere else". I guess that disappointed him as he had gone through the
      States at least twice in the 30s as I found out only a few years ago in
      looking at some old postcards he had sent to his mother in Winnipeg. Oh
      well ... that trip is past and so is my father and I still feel that it is
      pretty well all the same.