RE: [existlist] god exists  ////  Absolution  :)

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
      eduard ---
      Seeing as I woke up at the stroke of midnight [as usual], I thought
      I would throw a few words together here.

      I'm now into reading the 1947 - 1954 journals of Jack Kerouac ...
      "Windblown World" by Douglas Brinkley. That's a very interesting period;
      from when I was 3 to 10 years of age. I lived a whole lifetime then. In
      1954 we were the first on our block to get a TV, and things went downhill
      from there.

      From an Existentialist point of view [can I say that?], what we
      strive for is a complete understanding of the moment. To have the answer to
      every question about our position, role, meaning, etc.. I think that is the
      reason and motivation for exploration of outer space. We have to pull back
      the curtain of mystery, so we can know who we are. Which in itself is
      interesting, since it was God who pulled the curtain in the first place.

      Or maybe our objective is to chase [and catch] young women.