Re: [existlist] god exists  ////  A bsolution  :)

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
      Frank,

      I am not sure what you are answering specifically (you hadn't reproduced the
      source text), but I am even less sure why you are saying it at all. Do you
      think that you are the only person here who had gone to Sunday school in his/her
      (you don't mind my inclusion of "her" here, do you?) youth?

      There is no personal god.

      Wil

      In a message dated 1/1/08 4:36:21 PM, NEFILIM001@... writes:

      > Actually ::Wil:: ;
      >
      > I was a 'front to back/back to front' bible reader when I studied for the
      > Missionaryship. I also taught sundayschool and listened attentively to every
      > word uttered by every Baptist Preacher in each church We were taught as
      > practicing Baptist Protestants- practicing Baptist Protestants-<wbr>-that
      > Nothing S
      > Priest, and no Structure. When you pray, you are, "washed-whiter- Priest, a
      > Not three seconds later, nor in the morning--or at church the following
      > Sunday. But in the NOW. You only had to mean it--in the moment.
      >
      > The rest of that cute bible poetry read as I recall: "...If I Should Die
      > Before I Awake, I Pray To God My Soul To Take." Of course it is all Promise;
      > Hope; Wonder and Fear--anyway, but for those who are In That
      > Particular/Peculiar Belief, those few words really do mean they are On Their
      > Way to Heaven,
      > (should they die during the night.)
      >
      > If they live to breathe another breath [Ha :)]--for another day, week or
      > year--they still have Another Chance to kneel down and: "..I Pray To God My
      > Soul
      > To Keep..."--and you are literally/religious To Keep..."--and you are liter
      > Southern Baptists are sure they are wrapped in the cloak of the Heavenly
      > Spirit--until they (stumble) or commit another sin. This [within it's own
      > context]
      > is just as valid as any other faction of any other particular Religion's
      > creed and understanding.
      >

      > Honor World Recycling, Love and Peace,
      > Frank

    • eduard at home
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
        eduard ---
        There is a personal god, if you want one.

        It's all in your mind.

        I am not sure what you are answering specifically (you hadn't reproduced the

        source text), but I am even less sure why you are saying it at all. Do you
        think that you are the only person here who had gone to Sunday school in
        his/her
        (you don't mind my inclusion of "her" here, do you?) youth?

        There is no personal god.

        Wil

        In a message dated 1/1/08 4:36:21 PM, NEFILIM001@... writes:

        > Actually ::Wil:: ;
        >
        > I was a 'front to back/back to front' bible reader when I studied for the
        > Missionaryship. I also taught sundayschool and listened attentively to
        every
        > word uttered by every Baptist Preacher in each church We were taught as
        > practicing Baptist Protestants- practicing Baptist Protestants-<wbr>-that
        > Nothing S
        > Priest, and no Structure. When you pray, you are, "washed-whiter- Priest,
        > Not three seconds later, nor in the morning--or at church the following
        > Sunday. But in the NOW. You only had to mean it--in the moment.
        >
        > The rest of that cute bible poetry read as I recall: "...If I Should Die
        > Before I Awake, I Pray To God My Soul To Take." Of course it is all
        Promise;
        > Hope; Wonder and Fear--anyway, but for those who are In That
        > Particular/Peculiar Belief, those few words really do mean they are On
        Their
        > Way to Heaven,
        > (should they die during the night.)
        >
        > If they live to breathe another breath [Ha :)]--for another day, week or
        > year--they still have Another Chance to kneel down and: "..I Pray To God
        My
        > Soul
        > To Keep..."--and you are literally/religious To Keep..."--and you are
        liter
        > Southern Baptists are sure they are wrapped in the cloak of the Heavenly
        > Spirit--until they (stumble) or commit another sin. This [within it's own
        > context]
        > is just as valid as any other faction of any other particular Religion's
        > creed and understanding.
        >

        > Honor World Recycling, Love and Peace,
        > Frank

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • NEFILIM001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
          Have a wonderful day, Wil.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
            In a message dated 1/1/08 6:28:11 PM, NEFILIM001@... writes:
            > Have a wonderful day, Wil.

            Mr Nefil,

            As the having of some kind of day was not even remotely the subject of
            anything that I have written or answered, I can only take your kind advise to have
            been pitched to me with a dash of irony.

            But it is already night by the time that I have seen this post. Alas. Time's
            up. But what were we talking about? Not existentialism, surely?

            Wil

          • eduard at home
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
              eduard ---
              Seeing as I woke up at the stroke of midnight [as usual], I thought
              I would throw a few words together here.

              I'm now into reading the 1947 - 1954 journals of Jack Kerouac ...
              "Windblown World" by Douglas Brinkley. That's a very interesting period;
              from when I was 3 to 10 years of age. I lived a whole lifetime then. In
              1954 we were the first on our block to get a TV, and things went downhill
              from there.

              From an Existentialist point of view [can I say that?], what we
              strive for is a complete understanding of the moment. To have the answer to
              every question about our position, role, meaning, etc.. I think that is the
              reason and motivation for exploration of outer space. We have to pull back
              the curtain of mystery, so we can know who we are. Which in itself is
              interesting, since it was God who pulled the curtain in the first place.

              Or maybe our objective is to chase [and catch] young women.