Fwd: [existlist] god exists  ////  Absolution :)

  • NEFILIM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Actually ::Wil:: ;

      I was a 'front to back/back to front' bible reader when I studied for the
      Missionaryship. I also taught sundayschool and listened attentively to every
      word uttered by every Baptist Preacher in each church We were taught as
      practicing Baptist Protestants--that Nothing Stands Between You And Your God. No
      Priest, and no Structure. When you pray, you are, "washed-whiter-than-snow."
      Not three seconds later, nor in the morning--or at church the following
      Sunday. But in the NOW. You only had to mean it--in the moment.

      The rest of that cute bible poetry read as I recall: "...If I Should Die
      Before I Awake, I Pray To God My Soul To Take." Of course it is all Promise;
      Hope; Wonder and Fear--anyway, but for those who are In That
      Particular/Peculiar Belief, those few words really do mean they are On Their Way to Heaven,
      (should they die during the night.)

      If they live to breathe another breath [Ha :)]--for another day, week or
      year--they still have Another Chance to kneel down and: "..I Pray To God My Soul
      To Keep..."--and you are literally/religiously Kept. Hogwash or not, the
      Southern Baptists are sure they are wrapped in the cloak of the Heavenly
      Spirit--until they (stumble) or commit another sin. This [within it's own context]
      is just as valid as any other faction of any other particular Religion's
      creed and understanding.

      Honor World Recycling, Love and Peace,
      Frank