Re: Charlie Wilsons war

  • mary.jo11
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
      Bill,

      Thank you for this substantive and careful presentation. I agree with
      much here and feel even more strongly the need for a comprehensive
      approach in that region. This seems a lighter theatrical approach than
      The Good Shepherd, a very sombering film.

      I'm reading Brokaw's BOOM!, The Wal-Mart Effect, and some Louise
      Erdrich novels, and the g-word hasn't been mentioned yet!

      Most of us will never approach the kind of world shaking individual
      accomplishment demonstrated in the story you've reviewed. I've
      dreadfully contributed to the population explosion, so my acts of
      contrition are to encourage all my "mistakes".