Re: like a lover

  • mary.jo11
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2007
      You know, I think I've become even more cynical than you! The love
      currency reads, "In Money We Trust" with impoverished idealists wanting
      their mommies and merely playing at rebellion. The human brain is run
      amuck with hormonal and religious fantasies and little common sense.
      It's much ado about nothing and most can't handle that. The
      existentialists have left us with little to discuss. That's not bad
      really. Mary

      wrote: The species can interact should we press to trust. Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2007
        Mary, Actually I wrote that in a optomistic mood. Here in the deep
        Carribean my perspective is bent and twisted in new ways. We left the
        tourist trail and went to a city little affected by the cruise ships
        and tourists. I saw a stable city in an indepandant island. I have
        never been at such minority and after recovering from the cultural
        shock found we were not accepted nor rejected,we were ignored unless we
        expressed need. It was a nice suprise to be the only whites on the
        street and yet to be accepted as fellow consuumers. We paid the going
        rate and were treated as fellows. These people are most well adjusted
        better related to outsiders than I would be at home. One man told me
        how he abhors terrorism and said he alerts authority when it surfaces
        on the island.He feels it his duty. I can not say I can match that
        level of responsibility.In an ultra black culture I found color
        blindness. These people have it going on and I find renewed respect
        for my fellow inhabitants. If the politically besieged Iowans could
        see this we might actually caucus for the best candidate rather than
        dissect the race, religion or philosophy in an attempt to find ones
        personal image. There are still level headed people and it is an honor
        to be amoung them. Bill