like a lover

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
      I am setting in an English pas tropical garden and am again in the
      multi cultural experience. Doves, humming birds and finches split
      their graising time with the rain.This is the collision of climate
      that only birds and man can encounter. It startles my burdened psyche
      into an awarness of the many others that share our sphere.
      The movie being considered here at existlist could not be more
      different than the schism of culture I experience now.Having read
      revieus of the fantastic film I find most critics see it as a
      vocative fantisy with little to do with atheism.Few have the personal
      protective situation to expose their lives to the scrutany of the
      prelates.
      I have a pride in this Carabbean world to survive in a goofy theist
      world
      that does not respect the sea and the the lives of those on the
      exotic spits of outpost.
      The wonder is the concomitance of decancy that resides within our
      species. For two days I have observed in silence a Briton who has
      well mastered the native culture. I turned on him at the bar and ask
      quite loudly if he might be British.He was of good humor and we spoke
      of his union jack shirt and my impropriety to wear such.As I was
      desguised in rasta wig and cap How would I argue?

      The species can interact should we press to trust. Bill
    • mary.jo11
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2007
        You know, I think I've become even more cynical than you! The love
        currency reads, "In Money We Trust" with impoverished idealists wanting
        their mommies and merely playing at rebellion. The human brain is run
        amuck with hormonal and religious fantasies and little common sense.
        It's much ado about nothing and most can't handle that. The
        existentialists have left us with little to discuss. That's not bad
        really. Mary

        wrote: The species can interact should we press to trust. Bill
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2007
          Mary, Actually I wrote that in a optomistic mood. Here in the deep
          Carribean my perspective is bent and twisted in new ways. We left the
          tourist trail and went to a city little affected by the cruise ships
          and tourists. I saw a stable city in an indepandant island. I have
          never been at such minority and after recovering from the cultural
          shock found we were not accepted nor rejected,we were ignored unless we
          expressed need. It was a nice suprise to be the only whites on the
          street and yet to be accepted as fellow consuumers. We paid the going
          rate and were treated as fellows. These people are most well adjusted
          better related to outsiders than I would be at home. One man told me
          how he abhors terrorism and said he alerts authority when it surfaces
          on the island.He feels it his duty. I can not say I can match that
          level of responsibility.In an ultra black culture I found color
          blindness. These people have it going on and I find renewed respect
          for my fellow inhabitants. If the politically besieged Iowans could
          see this we might actually caucus for the best candidate rather than
          dissect the race, religion or philosophy in an attempt to find ones
          personal image. There are still level headed people and it is an honor
          to be amoung them. Bill