Re: Curious Differences

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2007
      [Jason]
      I look foward to seeing the Golden Compass. It is one of many movies
      used to steer the cattle into greener pastures.

      [Louise]
      Cattle are not the kind of animal susceptible to fits of anger.
      Human beings, on the contrary, who continue to burn up the planet
      with their anger, are the most usual species to be found at movie
      venues. The sensitive, however, may discern a reptilian presence.

      [Jason]
      Influences of past have outlived there usefulness, some will fight
      the change, others will embrace it. Either way, change is here, and
      here to stay!

      [Louise]
      I see no evidence at all that influences of the past are waning.
      Periodically in history a false religion may die, in order to allow
      faith to be renewed. This is not achieved within the aesthetic
      sphere, to which all forms of art belong.

      [Jason]
      Recent acts of protesting the movie because Pullman has been
      classified an Atheist are out of ignorance. I don't see it as a movie
      that promotes Athiesm at the least. Freewill and spirituality maybe,
      Atheism, noway.

      [Louise]
      Social change becomes possible when the problems of society are
      understood. And the necessary means to effect change are willed.