Re: [existlist] Thanks for your help everyone!

  • Deborah Yates
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 3, 2001
      Hello everyone!

      I have been sending private messages individually. I feel less overwhelmed
      that way and it is easier to be vulnerable!

      I just wanted to share something! Through discussing these things
      with the group you all really helped me.

      I have made a decision and that decision is that I am going to
      change my life and start living authentically in one respect.

      For many years my parents hammered religion into me and taught
      me that sex outside of marriage was sinful, etc. etc.

      However, lately I have started going to a liberal methodist
      church and I find them to be very tolerant, accepting, etc.

      So, I have made this decision with the helpful , fatherly
      advice of Eduard who himself has a daughter probably my age.

      And the decision is that I have decided as a virgin at the
      age of 27 almost 28 to go on the pill. My doctor had
      recommended this before as a precaution only.

      Maybe nothing will happen, but better to be safe than sorry
      and ruin my budding career in academia.

      And now I feel at peace with the concept of dating someone
      I will like and exploring the possibility of a relationship
      that could lead to a serious commitment without needing
      for it to.

      and I feel happy to realize that somehow i can break the mold
      and be me. i don't have to be miserable. life is so short
      and to think of the pleasure i denied myself.

      but maybe it is better this way in that i can talk to my
      doctor buy the pills from him or get samples so that my parents
      won't know.

      and then i can build a great friendship with a man i respect
      and let him take it from there. and i can have the joy of
      responding totally with my entire body to him and let him
      pleasure me and enjoy it without guilt.

      and someday after we have enjoyed each other for a while
      then maybe the commitment issue will straighten itself out
      without me worrying about what my parents think.

      la passione e la raison d'etre!

      DY

    • Bill Harris
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 7, 2001