Re. Short stop

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2007
      Mary, It seems such an improbable possibility at first look but it is
      worth a try to tie up loose ends of existentialism and middle eastern
      culture. I would most conclude the wealthy in the area would resist
      change and stay in Islam. Existentialism often suggests economic
      leveling of the playing field that wealthy people loathe. Only fear of
      death or gross gross poverty could force high level mid easterners to
      abandon faith and Islam.
      A middle class revolt could happen but with so many armed it would
      probably resemble the Iraqui debacle with endless factions shooting
      each other.
      Still it is a possible way out of the impasse and worth considering.
      What out of existentialism might mesh with mid eastern attitudes? What
      would we sell there? Peace?Perhaps they might actually so dread their
      lives they could change. They might change to stop the endless killing.
      Chew on that a while. Bill