Re: [existlist] Re: Existentialism on trial

  • Aija Veldre Beldavs
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2007
      eupraxis@...:
      > Yes. The list that I own wouldn't permit that kind of thing. I'd just remove them. Consequently, my list has only a small amount of members. Also, the more narrowly academic lists that I subscribe to have an etiquette rule that is strictly adhered to (although those member are less likely to cause concern, anyway).
      >
      > Latch key kids, I guess.
      >
      > WS

      in contrast, i prefer open lists and self-correcting, self-regulating
      mechanisms as possible, with awareness of the limits to label
      usefulness, but, then, that's a folklorist speaking, interested in open
      source, standard, and access, as well as hard to predict or assess
      emergent phenomena and the dynamics of tradition..:)

      aija
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2007
        Rather than feign shock or anger I will think of the possibilities
        offered in the nasty post. He puts existentialism on a level away from
        the other philosophies. Now weither this is done out of derision,
        respect or private motive I do not know.
        Then he hints of some level on which he exists that distances even
        farther from existentialism. I`m interested and ask our toilet mouthed
        rambunctee to lead on. The vulgate always lends to an emotinal jig I
        find exciting. Louise and Bookdoc are the best here at talking dirty
        and if you interest them they might call you names you have never
        heard. I really do not see how existentialism need be on trial, with
        all that bust and bravado a thing as boring as philosophy never gets
        into play.
        I have usually agreed to go see the critter but that was when I was in
        better shape.Since this is a make believe medium, with names and faces
        drawn from a hat, I forge on, expecting little and hoping for a thrill.
        Bill
      • Albert
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2007
          My friend... you need to take your medication. The below indicates a bipolar shift to the excited position.

          ...I am a thousand shining colours...

          A.
          - for goodness sake.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2007
            On Nov 05, 2007, at 10:27, Aija Veldre Beldavs wrote:
            > the range of expressive language used and allowed helps locate a group
            > mapwise.:) one troubling location is such where rules of allowable
            > expression range change for different members if such membership is
            > labeled as egalitarian, rather than hierarchical.

            I generally object to the use of the more extreme foul language, but I
            don't manage to catch every post that is this egregious. Policing
            speech gets old, but I also know that the issue comes up constantly
            when I am conducting seminars for teachers.

            Country Joe wouldn't be the same without profanity, and I'd never edit
            Henry Miller, but this forum doesn't tend to traffic in poetics --
            unless we count the random musings that appear and generally leave me
            befuddled. (Can one be fuddled?)

            Oh, well... I do what I can, but some posts are just strange enough I
            assume people chuckle and move on.

            - C. S. Wyatt
            that I shall be.