Re: [existlist] Re: Existentialism on trial

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2007
      Yes. The list that I own wouldn't permit that kind of thing. I'd just remove them. Consequently, my list has only a small amount of members. Also, the more narrowly academic lists that I subscribe to have an etiquette rule that is strictly adhered to (although those member are less likely to cause concern, anyway).

      Latch key kids, I guess.

      WS

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2007
        eupraxis@...:
        > Yes. The list that I own wouldn't permit that kind of thing. I'd just remove them. Consequently, my list has only a small amount of members. Also, the more narrowly academic lists that I subscribe to have an etiquette rule that is strictly adhered to (although those member are less likely to cause concern, anyway).
        >
        > Latch key kids, I guess.
        >
        > WS

        in contrast, i prefer open lists and self-correcting, self-regulating
        mechanisms as possible, with awareness of the limits to label
        usefulness, but, then, that's a folklorist speaking, interested in open
        source, standard, and access, as well as hard to predict or assess
        emergent phenomena and the dynamics of tradition..:)

        aija
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2007
          Rather than feign shock or anger I will think of the possibilities
          offered in the nasty post. He puts existentialism on a level away from
          the other philosophies. Now weither this is done out of derision,
          respect or private motive I do not know.
          Then he hints of some level on which he exists that distances even
          farther from existentialism. I`m interested and ask our toilet mouthed
          rambunctee to lead on. The vulgate always lends to an emotinal jig I
          find exciting. Louise and Bookdoc are the best here at talking dirty
          and if you interest them they might call you names you have never
          heard. I really do not see how existentialism need be on trial, with
          all that bust and bravado a thing as boring as philosophy never gets
          into play.
          I have usually agreed to go see the critter but that was when I was in
          better shape.Since this is a make believe medium, with names and faces
          drawn from a hat, I forge on, expecting little and hoping for a thrill.
          Bill
        • Albert
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2007
            My friend... you need to take your medication. The below indicates a bipolar shift to the excited position.

            ...I am a thousand shining colours...

            A.
            - for goodness sake.

            Whoa!! You must be joking! a fucking existential chat group?
            It is so fucking planetary ..... so fucking Captain Marvel Comic book
            terra firma....
            The belief in a Wonder Woman...

            My friend....Welcome to the astral plane....Shape-shift yourself into
            a believable aspect of what you may already be...
            Existentialism is the lowest form of genial genius....Like Freud or
            Carl Jung....mere intellectual tellers of fables that were barely
            disguised autobiographies....

            Come on, Man! We exist in a world of spirit...Check me out....I am a
            thousand shining colors....
            there is no rest in this universe....only constant change results in
            security...

            Charles Clark

          • Exist List Moderator
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2007
              On Nov 05, 2007, at 10:27, Aija Veldre Beldavs wrote:
              > the range of expressive language used and allowed helps locate a group
              > mapwise.:) one troubling location is such where rules of allowable
              > expression range change for different members if such membership is
              > labeled as egalitarian, rather than hierarchical.

              I generally object to the use of the more extreme foul language, but I
              don't manage to catch every post that is this egregious. Policing
              speech gets old, but I also know that the issue comes up constantly
              when I am conducting seminars for teachers.

              Country Joe wouldn't be the same without profanity, and I'd never edit
              Henry Miller, but this forum doesn't tend to traffic in poetics --
              unless we count the random musings that appear and generally leave me
              befuddled. (Can one be fuddled?)

              Oh, well... I do what I can, but some posts are just strange enough I
              assume people chuckle and move on.

              - C. S. Wyatt
              that I shall be.