Escaping today

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2007
      Many long for the past, that seems to me to be the essence of
      conservatism. Hagel and Kant are not existentialists, you may think
      they are superior to what is evolving today but more know the words
      of Desperado than have read Hagel. Existentialism is not just about
      written language. It is a perspective on the now. Prior philosophies
      are locked in their tombs of convoluted verse. Conservatism is
      preserved in the writs before FN loosed the deluge. A few counters
      remained to cling to the numbered, ordered world. They were blown
      away by the conclusions of relative science. The cosmos is little
      concerned with syllogisms from the counters. No one is busting down
      the doors of Barnes and Noble to grab some hot Hagel. Henley
      understands marketing and his ideas are anticipated, pre sold. Joe
      Walsh displays the kind of dislocation that drives the conservatives
      mad.
      "A long road out of Eden" is a journey the math conservates find most
      odious. It would suggest we are in flux and certainly not perfected.
      The pre existentialists were way too proud of themselves to proud to
      go to walmart, to arrogant to leave Eden. Henley fights the
      propaganda machine by outselling it. There is great order to that but
      it is as much psychology as statistics. Any brute stallion can pull
      the numbers cart. That is a hard drive chore not human activity.
      Putting a lose,existential message to great music and selling it all
      over the world seems extradinary to me. The whole project shines
      with contemporality. It is all quite alive and seems connected.
      Twenty songs as a perspective on modern life. It is not about
      Bismark, it is about Bush and like it or not we are dealing with
      George.He is our problem as a dangerous evangelical with a will to
      further fighting. Armageddon and the promised land and all the mad
      plans of illogical fanatics is drifting closer as Bush is assured we
      will dominate in five days. How many years have we be at the job of
      dominating, in fact I think we were told we have already won.
      Look at oil, look at gold all time highs. The changes will come, the
      oil is running out , China is out of diesel while humanist leaders
      proclaim that using renuable food grains for fuel is a crime against
      humanity. Those sound like showdown words to me. But then how would I
      know,I shopped at Wallmart. Bill