Neuronal imbalance

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2007
      Cells do not think. Nooism great reduction to the "happiness" of
      neurons comes from the perspective of Eduard. I can remember when he
      was a fellow traveler on the path of Descartes. He thought as a human
      being, as an intact soma. Then the fragmentation of computers as
      thinking machines took over his engineers mind.For sentient humans it
      is cells, organs, organism that provides the basis for thought, for
      sentient life. Nooism is a strange divergence from the evolution of
      systemic thought. Eduard thinks we will survive as cyborgs and that is
      certainly a possibility. Teihard sees our evolution as culminating in a
      great mind meld and I would ask Eduard if he thinks the cyborg being
      of the future will be controlled by a digital or neuronal mind?
      I do not scoff at Eduard, he has ideas, futuristic ideas that may dwarf
      the commonly held philosophical thought.
      Personally I do not think we will evolve to the extent he conjures. I
      think we will blast ourselves back to elemental existance while the
      slow climb to intelligent life slogs on in other solar systems. Bill