RE: [existlist] Re: An easier way

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2007
      bill ---
      > Eduard, I am watching the news and progress of the antibiotic
      resistant staph. So here is an ethical problem that is shaping up for
      all of us. Many researchers now link resistance in some organisms to
      overuse of conventional antibiotics. The bugs mutate past our best
      efforts at control and the more we use the old regimens the faster
      the super bugs spread. At a recent seminar we were reinforced in the
      British news that low dose , prophilactic coverage of most dental
      patients is ineffective and dangerous. The drug companies are sueing
      practitioners for noncompliance with present statutes. They want to
      keep selling antibiotics and could care about patient welfare when
      the corporate bottom line is concerned. It seems I have an ethical
      responsibility to my patients so I report this. This will be settled
      at the polls but presenting the situation is being undertaken by
      several professional organisations. You wouldn`t turn off the landing
      lights, would you?

      eduard ---
      Hey ... we're screwing up the planet and ourselves. What else is
      new. We have gone well past the danger point. Just wait till the Chinese
      start manufacturing pharmaceuticals. Fortunately, I will be dead soon.

      Oh, the airplane landed at an abandoned airport. It just happened
      to have a full set of operating airfield lights. And they saved the little
      dog too.