RE: [existlist] To 'Only' Christian Existentialists

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2007
      eduard ---
      There is no heaven. I'm watching "Logan's Run" (1976) on TV. When
      you reach 30 you get the chance to ride the carrousel, which is presented as
      renewing your life, but actually is a way to control the population. So
      much for fantasy.

      But then it's the same as presented by our conventional religions of
      Christianity and Islam.

      -c- ---
      All people have been effected by the rise of Christianity and its
      influence on the motivations, and expectations of every man.
      Christianity itself has been transformed from a First Century
      epistemology to a lifestyle which does not anticipate the second
      coming. 2000 years of 'end-times' is too much and one now reveres the
      message, measuring out our lives by how Christ-like we are. We
      wouldn't recognize Christ or welcome him if he came and yet we call
      ourselves Christians. But our lives are so hollow, so incomplete,
      that we worship and glorify a message, so tattered and distorted by
      the clergy, that it bears little resemblance to the original.
      Choosing those parts of the message that meet modern day sensibilities
      and ignoring the rest, we are blocking the door to heaven.