RE: [existlist] Query about communication.

  • Deborah Yates
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 2, 2001
      Eduard:

      It makes my kind of angry to read this! I am really being honest.
      This is not about gooiness. No man ever needs to be feel obligated
      to tell me how he feels. I give in to men all the time and love it.
      I don't like to tell them when I am wrong but I do. They never apologize to
      me they just act really sweet and apologize to me.
      That's cool with me. I understand that they need to right. No problem.

      So, men are not my complaint. My complaint is that certain men try
      to hide the depth of their feelings from the women they like, i.e.
      sexual. I am referring to philosophers. I spend all my time with
      educators. I am trying to decide to I give the philosopher a chance
      and respond to them if they make a move.

      This is not me suggesting that they need to get sappy.
      I am a very northern, cool exterior woman that has a hard time sharing
      feelings. I am not always emoting and sharing.

      But this is the crux of the matter. That whether men like it or women
      are getting the point where we are fed up with them in one respect.

      We want intimacy and not just a relationship. We are getting to the
      point where we want to lean on them economically, but now don't
      have to anymore.

      We are in a real crisis in male/female relationships in this country
      and using left/right brain excuses won't cut it. I am a very cerebral
      person. I was second highest greek student in my class. i made
      an A in logic. i love science and math, but went for the other side
      because i wanted to find my heart not just cold facts.

      I like to think, I love to talk philosophy, I play power games with men.

      But I learned that there is a better way than competition. That cooperation
      can be sweet and that it can be cool to be vulnerable
      and that is something to say for a hardened northern woman.

      Just understand this. Men need to realize that no matter what kind of
      woman they are dealing with a philosopher, accountant, lawyer, doctor,
      women still want a man who will kiss them hold them be affectionate
      and be there for them.

      All the philosophy talk in the world will not accomplish that. And
      you may think that is just catering to woman's weakness but women
      are made that way.

      And caring is the only ethic I believe in. Talk is just talk without
      love for others.

      DY

    • greg goodwin
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 6, 2001
        Deb,
        I don't believe I'd care to be with a woman that
        'would love to sleep with every man in town', even
        though she doesn't do so, wouldn't she still have her
        desires, her curiosities??
        --- Deborah Yates <druthyates@...> wrote:
        > Greg,
        >
        > I will be bold and answer that question honestly.
        > What's a boy to do
        > if commitment precedes sex. Find a woman who would
        > love to sleep with
        > every man in town, but won't because she's fiery and
        > passionate and in her
        > heart she is a one man woman.
        >
        > Then be her friend and wait until marriage and marry
        > her!
        >
        > But that's just what I would if I were you, I am
        > really stupid and naive
        > how would I know?
        >
        > DY

        Find a job, post your resume.