Re: [existlist] Query about communication.

  • Yulian K. Gaard
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 2, 2001
      Jim ...

      I'm sorry to hear that you are having such problems.

      No. I'm not having such problems with people around me. I agree that you probably cant sit down with anyone and start discussing if Satre really was brilliant or just insane. For one thing, they wont have the slightest neither clue nor interest in that.

      Try another approach to it; Ask people what they think about diffrent subjects and then ask questions to that. Try asking them to explain things - And mind you, it *NEEDS* to be something that they want to talk about.

      I know that you can see philosophies and such in allmost anything. Sit down, watch the news with your girlfreind, housband, freinds ect. Or discuss what everyone can see at the frontpage of a paper - a tv program. Noone would find it odd if they liked big brother to discuss about the society where you are "watched", just to give an example.

      Most people have their own ideas about things - everything, including philosophy and religion and such. If you want and are willing to listen to them, then they tend to be more than willing to talk.

      Of course you can also just delcare yourself as an odd outsider from society and exclude the rest of the world if you want, but I doubt that is the answer you'd want from that letter.

      My last idea, without having thought about it more than 2 minutes is to find likeminded people. Walk into Scientology and you can easally find someone to argue religion with if you want, just to give an example. Find yourself some people that you "feel" is "like you" and who give you what you feel you are needing - then you can allways spread your time as you want.

      Angelic
      Yulian

      Respectfully submitted.

      " Magic is a way of life. "

    • greg goodwin
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 6, 2001
        Deb,
        I don't believe I'd care to be with a woman that
        'would love to sleep with every man in town', even
        though she doesn't do so, wouldn't she still have her
        desires, her curiosities??
        --- Deborah Yates <druthyates@...> wrote:
        > Greg,
        >
        > I will be bold and answer that question honestly.
        > What's a boy to do
        > if commitment precedes sex. Find a woman who would
        > love to sleep with
        > every man in town, but won't because she's fiery and
        > passionate and in her
        > heart she is a one man woman.
        >
        > Then be her friend and wait until marriage and marry
        > her!
        >
        > But that's just what I would if I were you, I am
        > really stupid and naive
        > how would I know?
        >
        > DY

        Find a job, post your resume.