Re: [existlist] Query about communication.

  • greg goodwin
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 2, 2001
      I'm new to the group but the sentiment expressed by
      you, could have very easily been spoken by me! Married
      twice and never felt comfortable, never felt like I
      could expose my true self without a possibility of
      losing something. A current girlfriend has recently
      accused me of having no feelings, or at least none
      towards her. Upon conjecture this may indeed have a
      bit of truth, but nonetheless I would not be in the
      situation without some type of emotional attachment, I
      think!! I deal well with the general population but
      true involvements are an entirely different matter. At
      the office I'm carefree, joke around with everyone and
      everyone here is comfortable in my presence, but
      intimacy?? How is it possible to handle, true intimacy
      and hold onto being youself.
      --- Jim Aiden <livewild@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone in this group sometimes have
      > difficulty relating to
      > people close to them that are not particularly
      > philosophical in
      > nature? (i.e. Husbands, girlfriends, friends,
      > family, etc....) The
      > reason why I ask is because I sometimes feel very
      > distanced from those
      > close to me. I find most people need to create a
      > very solid universe
      > around them which often makes me feel like I'm part
      > of a cult and that
      > I'll be excommunicated if I ask questions about the
      > nature of their
      > G~ds. I am told to accept, but much as I wish I
      > could (I really do), I
      > find the best I can manage is silence at times.
      >
      > I suspect I am not alone in this matter. Does
      > anyone have any
      > suggestions as to how to better cope with people
      > that are close to
      > you, but are out-to-lunch so to speak. What I'm
      > looking for is a way
      > to make others feel comfortable with their reality
      > (and with me), yet
      > still be able to deconstruct it in conversations
      > with them. Is this
      > possible to do?
      >
      > Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about? If
      > so suggestions
      > would really be appreciated.
      >
      > J.Aiden

      Find a job, post your resume.
      http://careers.yahoo.com
    • greg goodwin
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 6, 2001
        Deb,
        I don't believe I'd care to be with a woman that
        'would love to sleep with every man in town', even
        though she doesn't do so, wouldn't she still have her
        desires, her curiosities??
        --- Deborah Yates <druthyates@...> wrote:
        > Greg,
        >
        > I will be bold and answer that question honestly.
        > What's a boy to do
        > if commitment precedes sex. Find a woman who would
        > love to sleep with
        > every man in town, but won't because she's fiery and
        > passionate and in her
        > heart she is a one man woman.
        >
        > Then be her friend and wait until marriage and marry
        > her!
        >
        > But that's just what I would if I were you, I am
        > really stupid and naive
        > how would I know?
        >
        > DY

        Find a job, post your resume.