Mary and louise

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2007
      I find this a moment of transparency a look at what we have been
      and a perspective on a possible future.
      Existlist has been many things and has touched on a great number of
      topics. It has been loosely associated with existentialism but has
      degenerated into open warfare and been the impetus of some good
      writing. From the start we know we would be discussing theory and
      perspective. Both venues are frought with uncertainty and
      unmeasurability. Bookdoc made damn certain we understood that we
      would be building walls of sand. We did it anyway and it was good to
      have the time.
      Certainly there were times when I was fearful of what I wrote. There
      were a great number of things I didn`t write and those topics have
      drifted away without apparent damage to me or any others. Then again
      triviality is as yet not a crime.
      This very day I encountered a different sort of festival from an
      old place inhabited by new people. It is the East Village area of
      DesMoines. I had that old feeling of stepping off the space ship. It
      is advertised as a food fare.I chose the walking Taco and procurred
      two plastic forks for Priscilla and I. It was a cut in half Dorreto
      bag filled with Taco meat, Cheese, dorrito chips and halipenyos. It
      was hot as hell and burned my hand, but it tasted good. The guy at
      the Loyal Order of Hibernians invited me back tent to a real Irish
      seven course meal. A baked potato and a six pack of Harp.
      We purchased two Tee shirts. One saysDes Moines, river swim at your
      own risk and the other Fort DesMoines bombing and gunnary range. It
      reminds me of the odd ball topics that appear to innovators. It may
      be nothing but what of existentialism? Bill