Cynacism and madness

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
      Herman, I appreciated your personal exposee, I have always
      considered you as a trained acedemic. Seeing you as a self motovated
      student changes my view of your writing. I was university trained
      but that was so long ago I know I have lost any patina of
      scholasticism. I write what I think with less rememberance of wrote
      lesson. It is good you have build your background later in life, it
      adds the credance of experience to the recitation. As to Schope, and
      FN, I consider them to be at the actual base of the radical change
      toward the new world. They used methods of survival in their
      contention with the false ideas of ancient order.
      I remember an altercation with a very prominent MD about Schope.
      The Dr. was an icon and protestant pillar. You argued with him at
      your risk because he could have you banished from practise. I
      assumed a Schopenour like cynacism toward the world but was careful
      to honor the MD`s contributions to his world. He bought into it and
      did not have me censured. I began to appreciate the danger these
      early thinkers faced from the religions and social systems of their
      times. An acedemic ,if not actual inquisition, was in existance when
      Schope crashed head long into the system and labeled it wrong. He was
      discounted as a bitter , old man but some heard the underlying
      message. FN just let it rip as he was already considered mad by his
      enemies. You just can`t burn a mad man at the stake for raveing.
      Some discerning scholars separated FN `s ideas from his appearance
      and reputation. So, I think Schope blurted out how things were and FN
      screamed why. They kicked in the door to the future and we owe them.
      Bill
    • Herman B. Triplegood
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
        Schopie and Nietzsche both are causing me to reconsider a lot of
        things that I have taken for granted for a long time.

        Yeah, you bet we owe them. For these two guys, philosophy was a nitty
        gritty thing, it was something that really mattered and really made a
        difference, it was about the future, not the past.

        Hb3g

        > Herman, I appreciated your personal exposee, I have always
        > considered you as a trained acedemic. Seeing you as a self
        motovated
        > student changes my view of your writing. I was university trained
        > but that was so long ago I know I have lost any patina of
        > scholasticism. I write what I think with less rememberance of wrote
        > lesson. It is good you have build your background later in life, it
        > adds the credance of experience to the recitation. As to Schope,
        and
        > FN, I consider them to be at the actual base of the radical change
        > toward the new world. They used methods of survival in their
        > contention with the false ideas of ancient order.
        > I remember an altercation with a very prominent MD about
        Schope.
        > The Dr. was an icon and protestant pillar. You argued with him at
        > your risk because he could have you banished from practise. I
        > assumed a Schopenour like cynacism toward the world but was
        careful
        > to honor the MD`s contributions to his world. He bought into it
        and
        > did not have me censured. I began to appreciate the danger these
        > early thinkers faced from the religions and social systems of
        their
        > times. An acedemic ,if not actual inquisition, was in existance
        when
        > Schope crashed head long into the system and labeled it wrong. He
        was
        > discounted as a bitter , old man but some heard the underlying
        > message. FN just let it rip as he was already considered mad by his
        > enemies. You just can`t burn a mad man at the stake for raveing.
        > Some discerning scholars separated FN `s ideas from his appearance
        > and reputation. So, I think Schope blurted out how things were and
        FN
        > screamed why. They kicked in the door to the future and we owe
        them.
        > Bill

      • Herman B. Triplegood
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
          Bill: Seeing you as a self motivated student changes my view of your
          writing.

          Hb3g: No doubt, it does help to know a bit about a person in order to
          better understand what they say (or write) and maybe why. I'm just a
          regular guy, a blue collar worker, an academic "has been" who has this
          bizarre passion for reading the most enigmatic books ever written.

          Have you read Niezsche's untimely meditation on Schopenhauer as
          educator? It is a jewel.

          Hb3g