Re: [existlist] Jaspers and Questions related to Existentialism

  • alvir anthony subrado
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello Gerald, how are you? Existentialism school of
      thought is actually a reaction from the contemporary
      Philosophy. Karl Jaspers is a Theist Existentialist.He
      termed Self as Existenz...His Philosophy is wholly
      focused on Selfhood..Part of his lecture was
      existential communication which tackles on ciphers,
      which mean signs and language...That man must come to
      himself in order to achieve genuine selfhood thus one
      achieves authentic existence. For him existential
      communication is only a pre-requisite or condition
      towards genuine selfhood.Transcendence and
      encompassing are coiled term for the state of
      communication to a supreme being. Since he is a
      Christian existentialist, Encompassing for him is
      God.And with man's existential communication, he is
      capable of transcending himself and communicate to
      someone beyond space and time...hehehe

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, alvir anthony subrado
        <alviranthony_subrado@...> wrote:

        > Hello Gerald, how are you? Existentialism school of
        > thought is actually a reaction from the contemporary
        > Philosophy. Karl Jaspers is a Theist Existentialist.He
        > termed Self as Existenz...His Philosophy is wholly
        > focused on Selfhood..Part of his lecture was
        > existential communication which tackles on ciphers,
        > which mean signs and language...That man must come to
        > himself in order to achieve genuine selfhood thus one
        > achieves authentic existence. For him existential
        > communication is only a pre-requisite or condition
        > towards genuine selfhood.Transcendence and
        > encompassing are coiled term for the state of
        > communication to a supreme being. Since he is a
        > Christian existentialist, Encompassing for him is
        > God.And with man's existential communication, he is
        > capable of transcending himself and communicate to
        > someone beyond space and time...hehehe
        High Tree, Please accept that6 Jaspers was a believer not an
        existentialist. If you have ever signed on secound party to a loan
        you get it. Y^ou take responsibility for your shit and that also of
        some other god dude. Other than that it is all cool , you don`t owe
        nobody nothin. Hope you get to America. Bill

        > Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives
        you all the tools to get online.