Just not enough war

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      I think we may be losing our penchant for combat, for legitimised
      murder. The major existentialists seem little involved with what has
      been considered a moral issue. I find it more like a genetic issue.
      We now compete in non violent areanas. Of course someone has found
      out how to stack the deck. State Dept people are protected by
      Blackwater, so much for the real mission of the negotiators.
      Putin is annoiting himself emperior and flying around our borders,
      it is threat but not violence. Bush wasnts in the worse way to maul
      Iran thus fulfilling his keepers demands to keep those gas prices
      up. All this is just not as fierce as the last century. None of these
      bellicose players today have the residual power to start up a big
      war. It seems the intellectual feedback mechanism has begun to
      activate a peace gene. I understand that cannot as yet be proven
      but dead people do not pass on their genetics. Warriors may have
      gotten to adept at craft to stay abouve survival numbers. The
      volunteer military compresses and inbreeds its numbers. I wonder if
      they are not fighting and breeding themselves into extinction. Is a
      life of war becomming a lousey survival tactic? In the old days the
      winners came home and bred like satyrs. I just dont see that
      happening with the survivors of todays nonsymetrical conflicts. How
      could these old soldiers manage to put multiple children through
      college. How about a service academy. And then the graduates can go
      to war and get killed. We are moving toward a less numerous, less
      violent species and I really dont mind the idea. We can read about
      Achilles and have bad dreams about what he did to Hector. I have
      nightmares about how to defend against returning Blackwater. Before
      there was always Africa for merk war. Now the rock millionaries and
      movie stars are pacifying that barbarity. I don`t think people are
      very happy but life expectancy numbers keep increasing. Somebody must
      like this pussey world. Bill
    • Herman B. Triplegood
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        I watched a segement on the History channel last night that talked
        about the Manhattan project. One of the scientists they were
        interviewing said that since the dropping of the bomb in 1945 the
        number of people who died from the effects of war every year went
        down drastically. The point he was making was that the destructive
        power of this new weapon was a wake up call. States can no longer
        wage unlimited war because the threat of total annihilation acts as a
        deterrent.

        Hb3g

        > I think we may be losing our penchant for combat, for legitimised
        > murder. The major existentialists seem little involved with what
        has
        > been considered a moral issue. I find it more like a genetic
        issue.
        > We now compete in non violent areanas. Of course someone has found
        > out how to stack the deck. State Dept people are protected by
        > Blackwater, so much for the real mission of the negotiators.
        > Putin is annoiting himself emperior and flying around our
        borders,
        > it is threat but not violence. Bush wasnts in the worse way to maul
        > Iran thus fulfilling his keepers demands to keep those gas prices
        > up. All this is just not as fierce as the last century. None of
        these
        > bellicose players today have the residual power to start up a big
        > war. It seems the intellectual feedback mechanism has begun to
        > activate a peace gene. I understand that cannot as yet be proven
        > but dead people do not pass on their genetics. Warriors may have
        > gotten to adept at craft to stay abouve survival numbers. The
        > volunteer military compresses and inbreeds its numbers. I wonder
        if
        > they are not fighting and breeding themselves into extinction. Is a
        > life of war becomming a lousey survival tactic? In the old days the
        > winners came home and bred like satyrs. I just dont see that
        > happening with the survivors of todays nonsymetrical conflicts. How
        > could these old soldiers manage to put multiple children through
        > college. How about a service academy. And then the graduates can
        go
        > to war and get killed. We are moving toward a less numerous, less
        > violent species and I really dont mind the idea. We can read
        about
        > Achilles and have bad dreams about what he did to Hector. I have
        > nightmares about how to defend against returning Blackwater.
        Before
        > there was always Africa for merk war. Now the rock millionaries and
        > movie stars are pacifying that barbarity. I don`t think people are
        > very happy but life expectancy numbers keep increasing. Somebody
        must
        > like this pussey world. Bill

      • m00dy58
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          "Dante Alighieri put this man in hell for that he was a stirrer up of
          strife."