Re: Query about communication.

  • Jim Aiden
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 2, 2001
      Deborah,

      How does someone who does not talk about philsophy perform action
      with any greater frequency? I can't speak for others but I personally
      don't know anyone that comes even close to the active lifestyle I
      have, and very (supposedly) unphilosophical things I do.

      Perhaps we've been programmed to believe that people that are
      profound thinkers somehow do not perform action. The reason I think
      people are like this is not because thinkers don't perform actions,
      but because what they say (right or wrong) unweaves the fabric of our
      universe... and that's not something most people associate with fun. I
      do though, and find people that don't a bit empty, but that OK if they
      are happy that way.

      How do you bring up these subjects with the opposite sex? Or do you
      just avoid the matter entirely?

      J.Aiden

      ------------------
      --- In existlist@y..., "Deborah Yates" <druthyates@h...> wrote:
      > Jim,
      >
      > It's interesting that you said that. I have a point of your view
      > you might find interesting! I have a BA in Philosophy, MA in
      English
      > and am currently working on a doctorate in Educational Philosophy.
      >
      > Yet, even though I am of a strong philosophical bent and graduated
      > near the top of my class in philosophy, interacting with
      philosophers
      > socially is not always fun for me.
      >
      > I think what it may be is that we tend to try to run from our heart
      > and get into theorizing rather than acting, which is why I have
      never
      > dated a philosopher and may never do that. It's just that I want
      someone
      > who will do more than blather on about theories-I want action!
      >
      > So, if I offended anyone, I am sorry! I just wanted to share that.
      >
      > Deborah Yates

      http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
    • greg goodwin
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 6, 2001
        Deb,
        I don't believe I'd care to be with a woman that
        'would love to sleep with every man in town', even
        though she doesn't do so, wouldn't she still have her
        desires, her curiosities??
        --- Deborah Yates <druthyates@...> wrote:
        > Greg,
        >
        > I will be bold and answer that question honestly.
        > What's a boy to do
        > if commitment precedes sex. Find a woman who would
        > love to sleep with
        > every man in town, but won't because she's fiery and
        > passionate and in her
        > heart she is a one man woman.
        >
        > Then be her friend and wait until marriage and marry
        > her!
        >
        > But that's just what I would if I were you, I am
        > really stupid and naive
        > how would I know?
        >
        > DY

        Find a job, post your resume.