Query about communication.

  • Jim Aiden
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 2, 2001
      Does anyone in this group sometimes have difficulty relating to
      people close to them that are not particularly philosophical in
      nature? (i.e. Husbands, girlfriends, friends, family, etc....) The
      reason why I ask is because I sometimes feel very distanced from those
      close to me. I find most people need to create a very solid universe
      around them which often makes me feel like I'm part of a cult and that
      I'll be excommunicated if I ask questions about the nature of their
      G~ds. I am told to accept, but much as I wish I could (I really do), I
      find the best I can manage is silence at times.

      I suspect I am not alone in this matter. Does anyone have any
      suggestions as to how to better cope with people that are close to
      you, but are out-to-lunch so to speak. What I'm looking for is a way
      to make others feel comfortable with their reality (and with me), yet
      still be able to deconstruct it in conversations with them. Is this
      possible to do?

      Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about? If so suggestions
      would really be appreciated.

      J.Aiden
    • greg goodwin
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 6, 2001
        Deb,
        I don't believe I'd care to be with a woman that
        'would love to sleep with every man in town', even
        though she doesn't do so, wouldn't she still have her
        desires, her curiosities??
        --- Deborah Yates <druthyates@...> wrote:
        > Greg,
        >
        > I will be bold and answer that question honestly.
        > What's a boy to do
        > if commitment precedes sex. Find a woman who would
        > love to sleep with
        > every man in town, but won't because she's fiery and
        > passionate and in her
        > heart she is a one man woman.
        >
        > Then be her friend and wait until marriage and marry
        > her!
        >
        > But that's just what I would if I were you, I am
        > really stupid and naive
        > how would I know?
        >
        > DY

        Find a job, post your resume.