Re: [existlist] Re: Free speech

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2007
      Louise,

      I look around only to
      witness the demise of the Enlightenment occurring right before our very eyes. I,
      hopefully like yourself, do not consider such things as foregone, however. As
      the US slides into a privatized police state with global capitalism blurring all
      notions of sovereignty for the sake of its own oligarchical ends, and as our
      flattened political system attempts to rename this theft as "realism", and
      finally as some philosophy seems content to destroy itself under the mantle of
      "post-modernism" or "deconstruction", leaving the rest of us a good deal less
      sanguine about the 'free exchange of signifiers' and the like, as millions lose
      their homes and all lose their rights -- as this and more is happening, then, I
      find myself even more humorless than usual.

      What are we waiting for,
      Voltaire to be beaten up in the streets once again?

      Wil