People of letters

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007
      As cold as Trinidads assertion of the futility of writing I must
      concede that as a mortal being in a terminal cosmos , he is correct.
      Our writings will not survive this universe, will probably not
      survive the the collision with Andromada, will not survive the
      explosion of our own sun. We and our thoughts will not transcend this
      universe. I find all of that self evident and point to it as another
      reason to assert the fundamental difference between existentialists
      and so called Christian existentialists.
      So why am I writing here, now?It affects my quality of life in a
      positive way. Many people read and derive knowledge and perhaps
      mental acuity from the exercise of reading. I add to that the writing
      exercise. I at the least get to see my particular foibles in print.
      Self reinforcement is at a minimum in this overbread world and
      dilusions of lasting impact are a feel good treat.
      I do not expect the triumphant jesus holding stone tablets of my posts
      to welcomes me to eternal life. Writing helps me think even though my
      thinking may not always be that clear or cogent. It is a small remnant
      of ego that survives the mob. It is mine as best as I can express what
      goes on in my head. It is personal and temporary just like I know I am.
      Bill