Boiling down Stuart

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4 10:43 AM
      My wife is a sociologist by education. I recognise liberal social
      theory. Jim is selling that worn old crap as his contribution to
      existentialism. I do not buy it and would ask him if he wishes to
      ask the fundamentalists to set down and discuss old theories.
      He asks us to discount violent actions on the part of avowed enemies
      and rely on feel good theories of soft headed liberals.
      Jim, you are not in the correct decade, certainly not in the present
      century. Feel good liberalism was never thick enough to cover the
      stark realities of existentialism. I have always considered the grand
      theories of liberal sociology to be as unrealistic as the bombast of
      Islamic clerics. Existentialism is about the world as it is not as it
      was in 1950. At least project some new ideas regarding the possibility
      of actual world order. I have always thought that was the rational
      for attempting to theorise in a sociologic vein.That could mesh nicely
      with what is said here. Anything new Jim. Bill