The jackals of the 21st century

  • Warren Thompson
    Message 1 of 75 , Oct 31, 2001
      Ryan, I do work with the dying as a hospice chaplain.
      The list is a group of my peers who work as healthcare
      chaplains and some can be very articulate.

      Interesting that you mention taking away hope.
      Hope is alot different for exist. or humanist than
      those who have a clear creed. This type of hope or
      understanding is less comforting but is closer to the
      truth in my opinion.
      Warren Thompson

      ****************************

      Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:50:40 -0700
      From: "Ryan Dewald" <rdewald@...>
      Subject: RE: The jackals of the 21st century

      Hi Warren,

      Thanks for the compliment, I'm surprised you could
      interpret it through
      all
      of the spelling errors.

      Let me get this straight. You question the belief
      systems of people on
      "hospital list"? Are these people who are somehow
      injured? Warren,
      tell me
      you're not taking away the last shred of hope from the
      dying.

      =====
      Lloyd and Mary Morain
      wrote:

      As a starting point let us take the idea that this life
      should be experienced deeply, lived fully, with sensitive
      awareness and appreciation of that which is around us.

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Bill Harris
      Message 75 of 75 , Nov 6, 2001
        Eduard, Should Garcin be concerned that history labels him as a coward---No.
        If the context of the play is to be accepted he is already dead and
        therefore has no consciousness or concern. If I were dead I would not be
        concerned and I, again have no idea if Sartre was trying to say something
        about afterlife or guilt therein. As to your comment about exist as a
        tool, I would say it is a tool that few have used and like a level may be
        necessary to complete a modern philosophy. {Mixing a few metaphores ] I
        think it gives us license to think as individuals. Today that is not seen as
        such a necessary relief from prohibition but we have all exercised the
        freedom and to my knowledge only bookdoc has been burned at the stake.
        Where is he anyway? Bill