Re: [existlist] Re: Resistance is futile

  • Susan Kalior
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
      WS,
      I feel the same way. Cycles do move round though, and sometimes people have
      to get completely lost before they are found. Running deep beneath the conscious
      mind is the flowing pulse of life itself, and when the outer world gets too broken,
      and begins to crumble, the programmed self is cracked and sinks into the deeper
      flow, and again becomes renewed. I really love the thoughts and insights running
      in this group.
      Sincerely, Susan

      Susan D. Kalior, M.A.
      Blue Wing Publications, Workshops, and Lectures
      www.bluewingworkshops.com
      The Other Side of God: The Eleven Gem Odyssey of Being
      Warriors in the Mist (a medieval dark fantasy)

      "Live the Mystery"

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
        TC, your words are deeply moving. I have felt that way when I tried to stand
        alone on a point of principle. It doesn't sound as bountifully beautiful as all
        you have written, but just stopping public school uniforms from coming into
        my community was one of the most trying things I ever did. I was all alone in
        it. I wrote articles that were printed in the paper, and the town almost crucified
        me with rebuttles and outright put downs of who I am and to go away. I just
        wanted the individuality of each student to be embraced and encouraged
        instead of giving the message that all should act and look and think the same.
        The shocking thing is, that after I did a sociological survey in the county regarding
        uniforms, versus peer mediation etc. the town actually abandoned the idea of
        public uniforms. I just kept coming back like a bad penny. My last name had
        a bad ring for quite some time and I was glad it was different from my childrens.
        But I felt I had to hold onto that living breathing pulse that flowed beneath the
        programmed world or I would be nothing. Your words touch me deeply. You
        are a beautiful writer and express yourself with great intelligence and passion.

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
          "Cycles do move round though, and sometimes people have

          to get completely lost before they are found."

          Sometimes they just get lost.

          WS

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
              Susan said, >>"However, nothing stays the same."

              For change to be percieved it has to be contrasted against a changeless
              background.

              Sometimes I wonder if the laws of the Universe DO remain the same, and its
              only mans awareness that is changing

            • eupraxis@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                > Sometimes I wonder if the laws of the Universe DO remain the same, and its
                > only mans awareness that is changing

                Neither, I would say.

                WS

              • Susan Kalior
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                  In the perception of time and space, lost and found exist.
                  Outside of time and space, can anything?
                  Perhaps time and space are concepts that come from no time and no space?
                  In that case, everything changes, yet nothing does.
                  Perceptions of reality make the 'play' what it is. I agree with you Richard, man's
                  changing awareness is a primary factor in sensing the concept of 'time.'
                  Sincerely, Susan Kalior