Re: [existlist] Re: Resistance is futile

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
      TC,

      An era has suddenly closed. One would think that this means that
      another has taken its place. But we are entering a phase of existence
      without anything eral about it. It is a shadow time. A hollowed
      nothingness without a prescribed subject, without a civil agent whose
      civility is part of any real nurturing social context.

      Run for your lives!

      WS

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
        Perhaps the sense of "we" will return when more individuals are in the
        same boat. As long as class is promoted by the media and most can still
        consume for their identity, we'll be rowing against one another. There
        will come a new era for ethical existentialism. That's my hope anyway.

        MJ

        A hollowed nothingness without a prescribed subject, without a civil
        agent whose civility is part of any real nurturing social context.
      • Susan Kalior
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
          WS,
          I feel the same way. Cycles do move round though, and sometimes people have
          to get completely lost before they are found. Running deep beneath the conscious
          mind is the flowing pulse of life itself, and when the outer world gets too broken,
          and begins to crumble, the programmed self is cracked and sinks into the deeper
          flow, and again becomes renewed. I really love the thoughts and insights running
          in this group.
          Sincerely, Susan

          Susan D. Kalior, M.A.
          Blue Wing Publications, Workshops, and Lectures
          www.bluewingworkshops.com
          The Other Side of God: The Eleven Gem Odyssey of Being
          Warriors in the Mist (a medieval dark fantasy)

          "Live the Mystery"

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
            TC, your words are deeply moving. I have felt that way when I tried to stand
            alone on a point of principle. It doesn't sound as bountifully beautiful as all
            you have written, but just stopping public school uniforms from coming into
            my community was one of the most trying things I ever did. I was all alone in
            it. I wrote articles that were printed in the paper, and the town almost crucified
            me with rebuttles and outright put downs of who I am and to go away. I just
            wanted the individuality of each student to be embraced and encouraged
            instead of giving the message that all should act and look and think the same.
            The shocking thing is, that after I did a sociological survey in the county regarding
            uniforms, versus peer mediation etc. the town actually abandoned the idea of
            public uniforms. I just kept coming back like a bad penny. My last name had
            a bad ring for quite some time and I was glad it was different from my childrens.
            But I felt I had to hold onto that living breathing pulse that flowed beneath the
            programmed world or I would be nothing. Your words touch me deeply. You
            are a beautiful writer and express yourself with great intelligence and passion.

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
              "Cycles do move round though, and sometimes people have

              to get completely lost before they are found."

              Sometimes they just get lost.

              WS

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                  Susan said, >>"However, nothing stays the same."

                  For change to be percieved it has to be contrasted against a changeless
                  background.

                  Sometimes I wonder if the laws of the Universe DO remain the same, and its
                  only mans awareness that is changing

                • eupraxis@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                    > Sometimes I wonder if the laws of the Universe DO remain the same, and its
                    > only mans awareness that is changing

                    Neither, I would say.

                    WS

                  • Susan Kalior
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                      In the perception of time and space, lost and found exist.
                      Outside of time and space, can anything?
                      Perhaps time and space are concepts that come from no time and no space?
                      In that case, everything changes, yet nothing does.
                      Perceptions of reality make the 'play' what it is. I agree with you Richard, man's
                      changing awareness is a primary factor in sensing the concept of 'time.'
                      Sincerely, Susan Kalior