Re: Resistance is futile

  • Trinidad Cruz
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "maryjo.malo" <maryjo.malo@...> wrote:

      "Where do we go from here?"
      Mary Jo

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@>wrote:

      "To live this life is a long way to go."
      Bill

      I think what the ordinary American needs to realize and utterly accept
      is: that a corporate cartel has seized their better dreams away from
      them. Some of those dreams were worthless, some were not. Where ethics
      for the future lie with the ordinary man is in determining which
      dreams had human value. Resistance is futile in the sense that the
      progress of these dream-slayers can never be checked. The facts of the
      ordinary American's life have already changed, and there is no going
      back. No amount of resistance can deter the agenda; because it is
      already established, the situation exists; and in fact all that is
      going on is the cleaning up of minor details, and the lingering
      anticipation of a future dalliance with science dedicated to
      de-populating the world. In this sense resistance is futile.
      Resistance has become a matter of individual judgment, a matter in
      which the individual ordinary man has to answer only to himself. The
      world, the human species, no longer belong to him; and they cannot be
      won back in battle. His only real possession is his sense of hoping to
      dignify his human dreams; the sense that lies in the indeterminate
      space of what he could think. In this kind of judgment, like Nietzche
      I say, lies the power of self-obviation, the power of giving over
      dreams, the power of vacating imagination, the power of disappearing
      from the human condition. What will you do then - when you can no
      longer judge yourself? I'll tell you - absolutely nothing that you are
      aware of. You are void. You are not there. You did it to yourself. You
      have that power. I have put myself in a position to judge myself. My
      faith, my belief, my name, lies in this alone. I will resist. I will
      not void myself. They may say, "He is dead!", or "He is doomed!" or,
      "His resistance is futile!", but they will never say, "He is void!".
      They cannot judge me. In my resistance I have freed them of that
      responsibility they seek to usurp of me. I have overthrown them in the
      instant of their act against me. I am what a man is for as long as I
      am a man; and what I could think can never be killed unless I give it
      up. I will not. When resistance is futile, when dissent cannot effect
      any ethical change, when organized violent revolution cannot overthrow
      oppression, we have come upon a real judgment day. The individual man
      who can still judge himself will. The rest are already void -
      disappearing debris alongside a trail of the evolution of a human
      being through the cosmos. Crimes against humanity may not be hidden
      under another name to set aside individual judgment as long as the
      individual man keeps the prize of judging himself. He has already
      judged the cosmos; and in that judgment found it wanting in terms of
      what he could think, terms of real human joy. He cannot then make
      peace with those who would rule the world and men in purely physical
      terms behind a mask of group justified degeneracy that has finally
      forsaken any hope in the value of what an individual man could think
      and fallen back to call the cosmos law in simple cowardice and turn it
      outward in a fearful frenzy of arrogance upon their better brothers.
      There is no road back that does not lead to the void for a man. The
      road is always forward into self-judgment. I will not peacefully
      surrender my prize, and no one can take it from me, but me. There is
      no God, but oh, there is goodness. You have thought of it. It is there
      - in you. There and here I stand. My lot is decided.

      Trinidad Cruz

      "I pity the poor immigrant
      Who wishes he would've stayed home,
      Who uses all his power to do evil
      But in the end is always left so alone.
      That man whom with his fingers cheats
      And who lies with every breath,
      Who passionately hates his life
      And likewise, fears his death.

      I pity the poor immigrant
      Whose strength is spent in vain,
      Whose heaven is like Ironsides,
      Whose tears are like rain,
      Who eats but is not satisfied,
      Who hears but does not see,
      Who falls in love with wealth itself
      And turns his back on me.

      I pity the poor immigrant
      Who tramples through the mud,
      Who fills his mouth with laughing
      And who builds his town with blood,
      Whose visions in the final end
      Must shatter like the glass.
      I pity the poor immigrant
      When his gladness comes to pass."

      (Bob Dylan)
    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
        TC,

        An era has suddenly closed. One would think that this means that
        another has taken its place. But we are entering a phase of existence
        without anything eral about it. It is a shadow time. A hollowed
        nothingness without a prescribed subject, without a civil agent whose
        civility is part of any real nurturing social context.

        Run for your lives!

        WS

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
          Perhaps the sense of "we" will return when more individuals are in the
          same boat. As long as class is promoted by the media and most can still
          consume for their identity, we'll be rowing against one another. There
          will come a new era for ethical existentialism. That's my hope anyway.

          MJ

          A hollowed nothingness without a prescribed subject, without a civil
          agent whose civility is part of any real nurturing social context.
        • Susan Kalior
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
            WS,
            I feel the same way. Cycles do move round though, and sometimes people have
            to get completely lost before they are found. Running deep beneath the conscious
            mind is the flowing pulse of life itself, and when the outer world gets too broken,
            and begins to crumble, the programmed self is cracked and sinks into the deeper
            flow, and again becomes renewed. I really love the thoughts and insights running
            in this group.
            Sincerely, Susan

            Susan D. Kalior, M.A.
            Blue Wing Publications, Workshops, and Lectures
            www.bluewingworkshops.com
            The Other Side of God: The Eleven Gem Odyssey of Being
            Warriors in the Mist (a medieval dark fantasy)

            "Live the Mystery"

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
              TC, your words are deeply moving. I have felt that way when I tried to stand
              alone on a point of principle. It doesn't sound as bountifully beautiful as all
              you have written, but just stopping public school uniforms from coming into
              my community was one of the most trying things I ever did. I was all alone in
              it. I wrote articles that were printed in the paper, and the town almost crucified
              me with rebuttles and outright put downs of who I am and to go away. I just
              wanted the individuality of each student to be embraced and encouraged
              instead of giving the message that all should act and look and think the same.
              The shocking thing is, that after I did a sociological survey in the county regarding
              uniforms, versus peer mediation etc. the town actually abandoned the idea of
              public uniforms. I just kept coming back like a bad penny. My last name had
              a bad ring for quite some time and I was glad it was different from my childrens.
              But I felt I had to hold onto that living breathing pulse that flowed beneath the
              programmed world or I would be nothing. Your words touch me deeply. You
              are a beautiful writer and express yourself with great intelligence and passion.

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                "Cycles do move round though, and sometimes people have

                to get completely lost before they are found."

                Sometimes they just get lost.

                WS

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                    Susan said, >>"However, nothing stays the same."

                    For change to be percieved it has to be contrasted against a changeless
                    background.

                    Sometimes I wonder if the laws of the Universe DO remain the same, and its
                    only mans awareness that is changing

                  • eupraxis@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                      > Sometimes I wonder if the laws of the Universe DO remain the same, and its
                      > only mans awareness that is changing

                      Neither, I would say.

                      WS

                    • Susan Kalior
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                        In the perception of time and space, lost and found exist.
                        Outside of time and space, can anything?
                        Perhaps time and space are concepts that come from no time and no space?
                        In that case, everything changes, yet nothing does.
                        Perceptions of reality make the 'play' what it is. I agree with you Richard, man's
                        changing awareness is a primary factor in sensing the concept of 'time.'
                        Sincerely, Susan Kalior