Dick!

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
      He`s the one he is the hero he`s the one who takes us to play.If we
      scream will you still love us, Will you want us the way that you do?
      Make me an angel that flies from montemgomery. Make me a poster of an
      old rodio. Om needing one thing I can hold on to. To live this nlife
      is a long way to go.
    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
        Existentialism is what inheres when folks consider their life as real
        and ultimate. That will not mitigate the coming decline in world
        consciousness. Sadly.

        WS

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "maryjo.malo" <maryjo.malo@...> wrote:

          "Where do we go from here?"
          Mary Jo

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@>wrote:

          "To live this life is a long way to go."
          Bill

          I think what the ordinary American needs to realize and utterly accept
          is: that a corporate cartel has seized their better dreams away from
          them. Some of those dreams were worthless, some were not. Where ethics
          for the future lie with the ordinary man is in determining which
          dreams had human value. Resistance is futile in the sense that the
          progress of these dream-slayers can never be checked. The facts of the
          ordinary American's life have already changed, and there is no going
          back. No amount of resistance can deter the agenda; because it is
          already established, the situation exists; and in fact all that is
          going on is the cleaning up of minor details, and the lingering
          anticipation of a future dalliance with science dedicated to
          de-populating the world. In this sense resistance is futile.
          Resistance has become a matter of individual judgment, a matter in
          which the individual ordinary man has to answer only to himself. The
          world, the human species, no longer belong to him; and they cannot be
          won back in battle. His only real possession is his sense of hoping to
          dignify his human dreams; the sense that lies in the indeterminate
          space of what he could think. In this kind of judgment, like Nietzche
          I say, lies the power of self-obviation, the power of giving over
          dreams, the power of vacating imagination, the power of disappearing
          from the human condition. What will you do then - when you can no
          longer judge yourself? I'll tell you - absolutely nothing that you are
          aware of. You are void. You are not there. You did it to yourself. You
          have that power. I have put myself in a position to judge myself. My
          faith, my belief, my name, lies in this alone. I will resist. I will
          not void myself. They may say, "He is dead!", or "He is doomed!" or,
          "His resistance is futile!", but they will never say, "He is void!".
          They cannot judge me. In my resistance I have freed them of that
          responsibility they seek to usurp of me. I have overthrown them in the
          instant of their act against me. I am what a man is for as long as I
          am a man; and what I could think can never be killed unless I give it
          up. I will not. When resistance is futile, when dissent cannot effect
          any ethical change, when organized violent revolution cannot overthrow
          oppression, we have come upon a real judgment day. The individual man
          who can still judge himself will. The rest are already void -
          disappearing debris alongside a trail of the evolution of a human
          being through the cosmos. Crimes against humanity may not be hidden
          under another name to set aside individual judgment as long as the
          individual man keeps the prize of judging himself. He has already
          judged the cosmos; and in that judgment found it wanting in terms of
          what he could think, terms of real human joy. He cannot then make
          peace with those who would rule the world and men in purely physical
          terms behind a mask of group justified degeneracy that has finally
          forsaken any hope in the value of what an individual man could think
          and fallen back to call the cosmos law in simple cowardice and turn it
          outward in a fearful frenzy of arrogance upon their better brothers.
          There is no road back that does not lead to the void for a man. The
          road is always forward into self-judgment. I will not peacefully
          surrender my prize, and no one can take it from me, but me. There is
          no God, but oh, there is goodness. You have thought of it. It is there
          - in you. There and here I stand. My lot is decided.

          Trinidad Cruz

          "I pity the poor immigrant
          Who wishes he would've stayed home,
          Who uses all his power to do evil
          But in the end is always left so alone.
          That man whom with his fingers cheats
          And who lies with every breath,
          Who passionately hates his life
          And likewise, fears his death.

          I pity the poor immigrant
          Whose strength is spent in vain,
          Whose heaven is like Ironsides,
          Whose tears are like rain,
          Who eats but is not satisfied,
          Who hears but does not see,
          Who falls in love with wealth itself
          And turns his back on me.

          I pity the poor immigrant
          Who tramples through the mud,
          Who fills his mouth with laughing
          And who builds his town with blood,
          Whose visions in the final end
          Must shatter like the glass.
          I pity the poor immigrant
          When his gladness comes to pass."

          (Bob Dylan)
        • eupraxis@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
            TC,

            An era has suddenly closed. One would think that this means that
            another has taken its place. But we are entering a phase of existence
            without anything eral about it. It is a shadow time. A hollowed
            nothingness without a prescribed subject, without a civil agent whose
            civility is part of any real nurturing social context.

            Run for your lives!

            WS

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
              Perhaps the sense of "we" will return when more individuals are in the
              same boat. As long as class is promoted by the media and most can still
              consume for their identity, we'll be rowing against one another. There
              will come a new era for ethical existentialism. That's my hope anyway.

              MJ

              A hollowed nothingness without a prescribed subject, without a civil
              agent whose civility is part of any real nurturing social context.
            • Susan Kalior
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                WS,
                I feel the same way. Cycles do move round though, and sometimes people have
                to get completely lost before they are found. Running deep beneath the conscious
                mind is the flowing pulse of life itself, and when the outer world gets too broken,
                and begins to crumble, the programmed self is cracked and sinks into the deeper
                flow, and again becomes renewed. I really love the thoughts and insights running
                in this group.
                Sincerely, Susan

                Susan D. Kalior, M.A.
                Blue Wing Publications, Workshops, and Lectures
                www.bluewingworkshops.com
                The Other Side of God: The Eleven Gem Odyssey of Being
                Warriors in the Mist (a medieval dark fantasy)

                "Live the Mystery"

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                  TC, your words are deeply moving. I have felt that way when I tried to stand
                  alone on a point of principle. It doesn't sound as bountifully beautiful as all
                  you have written, but just stopping public school uniforms from coming into
                  my community was one of the most trying things I ever did. I was all alone in
                  it. I wrote articles that were printed in the paper, and the town almost crucified
                  me with rebuttles and outright put downs of who I am and to go away. I just
                  wanted the individuality of each student to be embraced and encouraged
                  instead of giving the message that all should act and look and think the same.
                  The shocking thing is, that after I did a sociological survey in the county regarding
                  uniforms, versus peer mediation etc. the town actually abandoned the idea of
                  public uniforms. I just kept coming back like a bad penny. My last name had
                  a bad ring for quite some time and I was glad it was different from my childrens.
                  But I felt I had to hold onto that living breathing pulse that flowed beneath the
                  programmed world or I would be nothing. Your words touch me deeply. You
                  are a beautiful writer and express yourself with great intelligence and passion.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                    "Cycles do move round though, and sometimes people have

                    to get completely lost before they are found."

                    Sometimes they just get lost.

                    WS

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                        Susan said, >>"However, nothing stays the same."

                        For change to be percieved it has to be contrasted against a changeless
                        background.

                        Sometimes I wonder if the laws of the Universe DO remain the same, and its
                        only mans awareness that is changing

                      • eupraxis@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                          > Sometimes I wonder if the laws of the Universe DO remain the same, and its
                          > only mans awareness that is changing

                          Neither, I would say.

                          WS

                        • Susan Kalior
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 8, 2007
                            In the perception of time and space, lost and found exist.
                            Outside of time and space, can anything?
                            Perhaps time and space are concepts that come from no time and no space?
                            In that case, everything changes, yet nothing does.
                            Perceptions of reality make the 'play' what it is. I agree with you Richard, man's
                            changing awareness is a primary factor in sensing the concept of 'time.'
                            Sincerely, Susan Kalior