Always alone

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      In some of the recent conversations I have noted some new
      collectivity. It seems to grow out of the adoption of like
      behavorialisms attributed to genetic predispositions. I side with
      Louise in that it is the whole organism, not just the brain, that
      describes the soma. The self with its history of behavour ,
      especially the choices freely made, proclaim an individual life. This
      retreat from perfection seems the plight of the cosmos. If we came
      shattering into existance from pure energy in the big bang,our flight
      from sameness has been direct and dogged.I think of some sentient in
      a different galaxy as anything but another human. Being yourself is
      evolution in action while existing as another brick in the wall, if
      possible, would seem a side track. At our level of
      complexification , it seems impossible to appooach a high level of
      sameness. Those cultures that forced sameness through totalitarianism
      blasted themselves apart in revolution. So I do not think the
      constitutional mandate of constant revolution can be anything but the
      norm. All this boxing and attempted amalgamation of individuals is
      no more than a survival tactic. When we become the same it will be in
      the hyper dense matter of a quark flux. There will be no differences
      and the next thing could be that big bang all over again. Through the
      long march of complexification the individual survivor lights the
      way for the less daunting masses. I do not think we have any way out
      but we can be our own singularity while we burn. Bill