selling science

  • jaime.denada
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2007
      CJ,

      I'm appreciate your persistence in explication. While some may insist
      upon sameness of language and approach I prefer difference in order to
      rattle my own recursive tendencies. An essential groundwork for
      discussion is a willingness to somehow translate new material and then
      respond. You present neither covert religious, transhuman or TOE
      intentions. It's ironic how some automatically knee-jerk to the
      immensity of the cosmos; inescapable syncretism; or how they prefer to
      view existentialism, with a nearly mystical fervor. Also ironic how
      they knee-jerk to the extremely personal.

      Yes, science may help us individually comprehend /apply the mechanisms
      of emotion and reason, but can it arouse an apathetic or cynical
      citizenry in significant numbers to affect change? Secularism and
      science have yet to find effective methods of marketing themselves.
      Rather they are continually co-opted by political and corporate self-
      aggrandizement. Science is expensive but so is the future.

      JD