Re: Some Thoughts on Socrates, Philosophy and Existentialism

  • jimstuart46
    Message 1 of 31 , May 24, 2007
      Louise,

      You write on the subject of contributing to this forum: "The
      instincts, tested against reason, to which I trust my living are
      currently advising caution and slowness."

      My own experience endorses your approach. I think that with regard
      to my own posts, quality is inversely proportional to quantity: the
      more frequent my posts the lower their quality.

      Also I suggest that the less frequent a person's posts, the more
      carefully they are read by others.

      And also, first reactions to a post are not necessarily the best.
      Immediate responses are often of the sledgehammer variety, whilst
      subtlety comes with slowness. Even indirect communication sometimes
      works.

      Jim
    • jimstuart46