Re: [existlist] monism

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2007
      TC,

      Yes, I agree. Our friend doesn't see that he is merely replacing one set of metaphor (or metonymy) for another, but in this kind of case the results are dangerous. Where are notions of politics, ethics, value, etc.; of right, of worth, etc. One can reduce everything down to operations and neural centers, but do neural centers (basically reactive organism) define what a political subject is? Our friend's brave new world looks a good deal like the brave old world. I am not ready to be rediced to neural pathways or a genome quite yet.

      WS