Camus, Beckett

  • jaime.denada
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2007
      I've ordered "Camus at Combat" (Princeton University Press 2006) and
      wondered if anyone has read it or "The First Man" (Knopf 1995) his
      posthumously published last novel?

      Also, I've scoured two comprehensive biographies of Camus and Beckett
      and find no record they ever met during their years in the French
      Resistance. After the war Beckett and Sartre were peripherally
      acquainted. There was even a botched publishing opportunity for Beckett
      (SdB involved), but I find no mention of Camus.

      Just curious..of no great import..slight interest in resistance lit.

      JD