Re: denada 2001

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2007
      > By the way how would qualify what possesses you and Knott to rename
      > threads all the time?

      I've not really thought about it. You could possibly look at it like
      peeing on trees, but I don't think that is the case for me (that is,
      it doesn't strike me as my reason, but other people will likely hold
      different opinions). It started, for me, as a sort of creative
      venture--chaning names and titles so they perhaps had a twist--either
      shedding some clever light on the content or not (clever, my opinion),
      usually just to give me a little smile. Historically, I think, I kept
      up the game. I am, I think, the only player, and it is an attempt to
      amuse myself. I think it pre-dates actual thread tracking on yahoo,
      but I could clearly be mistaken on that. For example, the simple
      addition of a 0 here might seem random, but to me signifies the
      history of the list--slight insignificant detail that alters worlds of
      meaning. Usually the name is a twist as well. Either or both may be
      random. I like the idea of Burroughs'/Gysin cutups, as sometimes even
      the random juxtaposition forces some new sense in
      meaning/interpretation as I want so dearly for things to make some
      sense--even if it is fabricated.

      But speaking of this same idea...I hear you have said you responded as
      you said you would to a previous post, but I have not seen the
      mysterious response. Perhaps you can note the message number or NEW
      thread name?

      Rarebitwhole In Deeds