Re: [existlist] Re: Knowledge base

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 16, 2007
      How is that existentialist again? Or...?

      WS

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 16, 2007

        > How is that existentialist again? Or...?
        >
        > WS

        that is a desirable course and all of us of some temporality have
        taken out the garbage. To reingage the mind to the basics of clean
        logic would seem particulary in your chant. This votive prince, or
        princess, seems ripe for the harvest should anyone want a teaching
        opportunity. I have not the energy as the corporate grinding
        keeps up it`s power. Answer or be reduced, it is good some want to
        know and surly some will. Now they play tourch music in SF. It is
        the only place where life seems to enjoy its presance. Even the sea
        lions come and expect harbour. Bill

      • † Angel Sola
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2007
          Existentially speaking, I was, as a human being with a mind, reacting
          intellectually to some postings here. They prompted me to
          have 'thoughts' and so I thought I'd put them up. What doesn't relate
          to existentialism? I can't think of anything off hand. I found this
          group through the name Kierkegaard, and thought I'd join since
          existentialism interests me, and I adore Kierkegaard's
          writing. "Purity of Heart", and "Works of Love" have been very
          influential in my thought processes. He somewhat provided me some
          confidence to have my own type of existentialism. More of a
          positivist brand, rather than nihilistic. That being said, I will
          also say I know that I may be lonely if I am a Kierkegaardian
          Existentialist. Of course that is NOT all that I am.

          > How is that existentialist again? Or...?
          >
          > WS

        • Knott
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2007
            > I think you can accept
            > little more than experimentally verified facts.

            I am not begging you to see anything my way...but how exactly are
            facts factual? We perceive through a stream of nerves, supposedly, to
            supposedly march a perfect re-creation of the whole before us (that
            is, re-create it inside the brain from the thought of it), and yet at
            the same time the decision of what to measure and how to measure and
            what with provides the mechanism that we might choose the things which
            are most likely to lead us to the conclusion we desire in
            appropriating the testing. Proof that I exist is not "shooting myself
            in the head" as I believe TC once suggested to me, as that is testing
            a belief system, not a reality. Proof of how much of a quack that I am
            is likely not born of my quacker-brain schemes, where I am constantly
            deluded into uncontrolled leaps of 'faith' such as instances where my
            cat's "soul" appears to me, though I am without (soul, that is--or at
            least without clear understanding of the manefestation of
            'soul-ness'). What kind of a clam am I?

            I might say that there is a funnel each time the toilet is flushed,
            and I can flush every toilet in the galexy, but until I have
            established a simple fact, I don't see how I can come to the
            conclusion that any conclusion as to my flushing is 'real'.

            Quips Alike (Clambase 9)