Re: I wonder if we 'sterotype' in order to

  • cgreg70
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2007
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, † Angel Sola <sola_blue_angel@...>
      wrote:

      > simplify our thought processes, in order to allow us to think on
      > automatic?
      >
      > The mass media and entertainment industries certainly feed into
      this
      > habit of sterotyping. These industries promote it. We begin, then,
      > think human beings are the near equivalent of their label.
      >
      > Sola

      Labeling is a process of assigning a person to a particular group, I
      think we all are at some point labeled and classified, is it good, is
      it bad; that depends on the personal choice of a person being
      assigned or labeled. There are groups we would like to be a part of
      and labeled as a member of (for instance, many of us would be proud
      to be called Christians) and on the other hand we would not like to
      be called extremists or fanatics. Where is the border line, nobody
      really knows. I think, here comes the personal choice and preference.
      There is no alternative, we will be labeled, the only freedom in that
      matter is up to the individual, how far he or she wants to go in
      order to support or deny the label assigned.

      Greg