I wonder if we 'sterotype' in order to

  • † Angel Sola
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2007
      simplify our thought processes, in order to allow us to think on
      automatic?

      The mass media and entertainment industries certainly feed into this
      habit of sterotyping. These industries promote it. We begin, then, to
      think human beings are the near equivalent of their label.

      Sola
    • cgreg70
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2007
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, † Angel Sola <sola_blue_angel@...>
        wrote:

        > simplify our thought processes, in order to allow us to think on
        > automatic?
        >
        > The mass media and entertainment industries certainly feed into
        this
        > habit of sterotyping. These industries promote it. We begin, then,
        > think human beings are the near equivalent of their label.
        >
        > Sola

        Labeling is a process of assigning a person to a particular group, I
        think we all are at some point labeled and classified, is it good, is
        it bad; that depends on the personal choice of a person being
        assigned or labeled. There are groups we would like to be a part of
        and labeled as a member of (for instance, many of us would be proud
        to be called Christians) and on the other hand we would not like to
        be called extremists or fanatics. Where is the border line, nobody
        really knows. I think, here comes the personal choice and preference.
        There is no alternative, we will be labeled, the only freedom in that
        matter is up to the individual, how far he or she wants to go in
        order to support or deny the label assigned.

        Greg