Law not ethics

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20 2:33 PM
      The problem lies between the individual and the other. The individual
      can accept himself as his primary arbiter and can give the conglomerate
      of the other the right to promulgate law. Since the individual is part
      of the deciding populace and can participate in the writing and passing
      of law,he has limited control over the framework that limits him. The
      judiciary exists as a supposed safe guard against grossly unfair law.
      This is the relationship that prevails in the greater part of the
      modern world. I do not think it idealistic nor dependant upon ethics
      and certainly not morals. It is an imperfect amalgamation of the wants
      and needs of the individual and the conglomerate of the other. The
      idealist may demand total personal freedom or complete obeisance to
      the conglomerate. Neither possibility can occur.
      I see this as the great middle ground of existance and identify great
      freedom in the possibilities inherent in the situation. Bill