Re: Stupid world news

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 4, 2007
      > I am discovering anew that no mutual comprehension is transpiring.
      > Maybe I should start up a group of my own. That way, anyone who is
      > irritated by my foibles or their own paranoias in my apparently
      > catalytic presence may easily stay away.

      Isn't this what blogging is all about?

      Catastophic Sensibilities
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 4, 2007

        > > I am discovering anew that no mutual comprehension is
        transpiring.
        > > Maybe I should start up a group of my own. That way, anyone who
        is
        > > irritated by my foibles or their own paranoias in my apparently
        > > catalytic presence may easily stay away.
        >
        > Isn't this what blogging is all about?
        >
        > Catastophic Sensibilities

        I suppose that it seems by no means obvious to me why internet
        communications should be intrinsically different from those made
        possible by older forms of technology, such as letters, pamphlets,
        telephone messages. Every particular medium bears its own
        characteristic limitations and potentials, but the essential fact
        remains: the quality of what is presented, by a single human author,
        or by several, in collaborative venture, will either encounter, or
        fail to encounter, a compatible quality of response in
        readers/listeners. It is not a matter of competition, in my view,
        more a question of thirst. Most blogs that are out there would not
        satisfy my own thirst for new knowledge or a genuine mutual and
        respectful human interchange, at least I am assuming not, but the
        great advantage of the internet lies with the opportunity to select
        as narrowly as possible from a vast range of creative ventures,
        whether made by individuals or groups. Maybe I state the obvious,
        or miss your point, I don't know, am struggling to stay awake, so
        shall bring this latest etheric offering to its close.

        Keyboard Tapper